GST list / Slab Rate
GST helps reduce the overall cost of goods and services by implementing a single tax, This ensures uniformity in prices across India. The new tax system includes about 1,300 types of goods and 500 types of services, Initially classified at 4 GST rates.
Thus the rate of tax depends, Whether a service is a necessity or a luxury. In general, the things that are needed are lower tax rates, Such as 5% or 12%, and luxury products are in the slabs of 16% and 26%.
What is GST slab rate?
In India, almost all goods and services covered by GST are divided into four GST rates –
5%, 12%, 12% and 26%. The GST Council from time to time revises the rate of inclusion products under this rate to ensure efficient pricing of different categories of products. In addition, GST on gold is 3% and 0.25% on semi-precious and rough stones. All products under GST regime And a small portion of the service products such as different salt types And no sanitary napkins are taken.
What are the 5% GST rates included in the list?
In the case of goods, this tax slab consists of the basic household necessities:
- Oil, spices, tea, coffee and sugar
- Life-saving drugs like insulin
- Marble ruins
- Revenue stamp,
- Stamp postmark
- Ice and snow
- Walking stick
- Different accessories or car parts for people with different abilities
- Fly-ash block
- Incense sticks and kites
- Natural Cork
What are the 12% GST rates included in the list?
- Dairy products, such as butter, ghee and cheese
- Fruit juice
- Frozen meat
- Sauce, ketchup and mustard sauce
- Fish knife, ladli, fork, spoon, tong, cake server etc.
- Notebooks and exercise books
- Plastic beads
- Sewing machine
- Diagnostic kits and reagents
- Correction glasses
- Construction of real estate for sale purposes
- Hotel accommodation with Rs. 1101 and Rs. 7500 per day
- Movie tickets cost 100 rupees or less
- Food or drink in the joints without an AC or alcohol license
- Air Travel Tickets (Excluding Economy)
What is included in the list of 18% GST rates?
- Household products including hair oil, toothpaste, shampoo etc.
- Transformers, industrial electronics
- Plastic tarpaulin
- Pencil for Kajal
- Headgear and its parts
- Non-leather school bags and handbags made of satchel, shopping bags and cotton
- Precast concrete pipe
- Aluminum foil
- Set-top box for television
- All devices for measuring length by hand, such as tapes, calipers, etc.
- Computer monitors below 16 inches
- Optical fiber, winding
- Retreaded or second hand rubber tires
- Discharge lamp or electric filament
- Furniture made of bamboo
- TV with monitor up to 32 inches
- Power bank using lithium-ion batteries
- Gaming consoles and other products
- Carrying stapler for children, pencil-sharp device
- Weighing instrument
- Polythene and polypropylene bags
What is included under 28% GST rate list?
- Caffeinated beverages
- Tobacco products, such as cigarettes
- State-owned and state-approved lottery
- Cars and two-wheeled motorcycles
- Cement, paint
- Dishwashing machine
- Aerated drinks
- Wind control device
- Racing club service
- 5-star hotel food or drink
- Entertainment services,
- Racecourse sports events like IPL, ISL etc.
In addition to such GST rates, some products that do not attract any GST or are tax free:
- Natural honey
- Sanitary napkins
- Manuscripts, music books
- Palmyra molasses
- Preserved vegetables
- Container-packed frozen vegetables
- Coloring books, drawing pictures for children, picture books etc.
- Below 1000 rupees Hotel accommodation